All mothers know that their kids are great actors when it comes to bringing up excuses to bunk school, watching TV for some more time, eating one more chocolate, going for a play date or even when it is about persuading you for the sleepover party at a classmate’s place!
However, this is the kind of acting and drama that all children resort to when they want to get things done. The primary thought that stems from this is the need to train your little one to hone their acting and drama skills.
You might wonder, why your kid needs to be enrolled to a class to learn all these skills? She already is great at making faces, posing expressions and modulating her voice! But what you are missing out here is that she’s an actor only at home and when you’re around. Is your girl the same drama queen or is your boy the same superhero at school, when you’re not around? Chances are you’ll say: “No!”
Just for these and a few other reasons, you need to look for some great acting and drama classes.
- Bye Bye Shy!: Learning acting skills can help your child do away with his shyness, as acting is all about opening up and speaking up in front of others.
- Confident self: Once your child becomes more open and his shyness goes away, an obvious result would be increased self-confidence. This’ll help your child perform better in many fields of his life.
- Meeting new people: There are bright chances that your kid will meet like-minded children at the class or the workshop and make new friends which will not only help him and get exposed to new people but also give a natural boost to his liking towards acting and drama.
- Self-expression: Through drama and acting, a child gets an opportunity to express her hidden self, which is not possible otherwise. You never know if your teenager might soon pen down a monologue on peer pressure and act it out at the annual function of her school.
- Excitement: Many a times, school, academics and routine life can get boring for a child. In such a case, an acting class or a drama workshop can give your child a creative activity to look forward to.
- Creativity: Learning drama and acting skills gives your child a chance to enhance their creativity and experiment with moods, expressions, voice tones, body language etc. Increased creativity also helps kids understand a character better and sometimes, also in a different light.
- Profession: By honing your child’s drama and acting skills, you never know if you are sowing the seeds of the profession that they would take up in the future. Be ready to see your child as an artist if you enrol her into a proper acting and drama class for a long term.
So, now that you know the benefits of enrolling your child to an acting and a drama class or workshop, all you need to do now is look for the appropriate teacher, class or institute and get going on the right track!